This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video introduces users to the available features in the ‘Tools’ menu of the WordPress dashboard.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Tools’ menu tutorial covers:
- ‘Press This’–a web browser bookmarking feature
- Creating a post with ‘Press This’
- The available ‘Import’ modules
- How to export some or all of your site’s content
The ‘Tools’ button in the WordPress dashboard gives options for quickly sharing information from your web browser, importing content from other sites (WordPress or otherwise), and exporting the content on your site–as a backup or for moving to another site.
‘Press This’ is a bookmark that you can add to your browser as a quick way of making posts out of content you come across on other sites. When you click on the ‘Press This’ link it creates a post with the title pre-filled for you and a link to the page you are visiting in the body of your post. You can add your own information, edit and change the content and publish the post immediately or just save it as a draft for future use.
The ‘Import’ screen provides a list of tools for importing posts or comments from sites using WordPress and other systems. To help keep WordPress running quickly these tools should be installed as needed. To install one of the import tools, click on the name of the tool you would like to install.
The ‘Export’ feature is a tool for exporting the posts or pages on your site individually or to back up your entire database–including posts, pages, comments, custom fields, terms, navigation menus and custom posts. The ‘Download Export File’ button will create an XML file you can save as a content backup or to move the content from your existing site to a new site.
Put the ‘Tools’ video tutorial on your site and provide your users, clients or internal staff with the knowledge they need to add, import and export content quickly and efficiently.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, preview your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the TEXT tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code supplied in the .txt file.*
7. Click Publish.
*In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code.