This professional quality unbranded flash / HTML5 video provides an overview of the ‘Trash’ feature in WordPress.
You can use it, and our other white label videos, as your branded tutorials to users, clients or internal staff… and have them automatically updated with every version of WordPress.
View a sample section of this video
This ‘Using Trash’ tutorial covers:
- Moving a Post or Page to the Trash
- The Post and Page action menu
- ‘Undo’ move to trash
- ‘Delete Permanently’
Moving a Post or Page to the ‘Trash’ will remove it from the front end of your site but will not permanently delete the item for 30 days. To move a Post or Page to the trash from the Post or Page editor, click ‘Move to Trash’ in the ‘Publish’ module. A banner will display at the top of the screen letting you know the item was successfully moved to the trash. Click ‘Undo’ to restore the item.
Posts, Pages and Comments each have their own trash folder. Clicking the Trash link from above the list of Posts, Pages or Comments will take you to a list of the items in that Trash folder. Hovering over an item in the ‘Trash’ will reveal an action menu. ‘Restore’ will make the item active again and ‘Delete Permanently’ will remove the item from your site immediately.
Give your users, clients or internal staff a guide to ‘Using Trash’ and introduce them to another powerful feature for managing content in WordPress.
To embed our unbranded support videos into your sites, you must first register their domains on our Support Video API page here.
1. Click on “Get the Embed” and open up the .txt file.
2. Make sure you’ve registered your domain on our Support Video API page here.
3. Copy the embed code from the text file.
4. Completely write your post or page including adding title, text, images, tags and categories.
5. Click on Save Draft, previewed your post / page and make all necessary edits.
6. Now click on the HTML tab to switch to the HTML editor and then paste the video embed code.
7. Click Publish.
- In WordPress multisite you must be logged in as a Super Admin to be able to add embed code)