Welcome to “Chat” — the ultimate WordPress and BuddyPress chat plugin! Getting live chat on your site has never been so easy.
This plugin lets you set up public chat sessions, one-on-one chat session, chat sessions between users on your site, BuddyPress Group chats, BuddyPress Friend chats, and more.
Take a look at the video intro below, and then read on for more details.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the highlights for this plugin
- Records logs
- Users can login with WordPress, BuddyPress, Twitter, Facebook, or Google+
- Require users to login with a specific type of ID or leave it up to them
- Run a chat to answer presale or support questions
- Control position of chat box – top/bottom/left/right
- Pop-out/Pop-in ability for all chat windows – lets you break out of the theme
- Customize chat boxes as you like
- Insert chat into Posts or Pages with the click of a button
- Allow users on your network to easily insert chat
- Integrates with BuddyPress groups and friends
- Integrates with WPMU DEV Friends plugin
- One-to-one chats initiated by moderators
- One-to-one chats between WP users
- Ban users by email address
- Block certain words
- Expand chat boxes to full-screen on tablets and smart phones
A Look at “Chat” in Action
Just drop in this plugin, activate it and you can easily run as many live chats as you want, on any page or post on your WordPress, Multisite or BuddyPress site.
There are essentially four different types of chat you can enable:
- Corner Chat
- In-Page / In-Post Chat
- Chat Widget
- BuddyPress Group Chat (customizable for each group)
Here’s a look at a in-corner chat:
Including gravatars, emoticons, logs and a raft of customization options – this plugin will cover all your needs.
Users and visitors can login with their WordPress or BuddyPress usernames as public users, and then can also login with Twitter, Google+, or Facebook!
Integrate it with BuddyPress:
Use it for BuddyPress Groups:
Users can choose their status:
Users can initiate in-corner chats with online friends (needs BuddyPress or WPMU DEV Friends):
And, as we mentioned, before there are almost unlimited options, you can:
- Enable or disable bottom corner chat
- Turn chat sounds on or off
- Enable or disable avatars
- Enable or disable emoticons
- Choose to show date or time of posts
- Set the dimensions of chat windows
- Select every color of the chat background to match your site
- Select different fonts and font sizes to match your site
- Choose to create and display chat logs – great for SEO!
- Turn on and off login by public users, current WP users, Facebook and Twitter
- See bottom of this post for the different options windows
And we’re adding in more options all the time, by members requests… so if there’s a feature you’d like to see just drop by the forums or our live support site (which is powered by this plugin :) and ask!
90% of what we develop here at WPMU DEV is requested by our members.
Let’s take a look at some of those settings.
Configure the chat box to appear as you like:
Even control the look of the message itself:
Position it where you like:
Set up chat so that users can log in with Google+, Facebook, and Twitter
Configure how and were users should appear in the message box:
Block users by blocking IP addresses:
Limit number of messages shown, hide messages from appearing on certain URLs, and more:
Decide if you want a WYSIWYG button to appear on your editor
Choose which types of pages it should appear on (for posts, pages, products, etc), and for whom (admins, editors, authors, etc.):
Here’s a look at the button on the editor:
Clicking it gives you another opportunity to customize it as you like:
Set up chat in a widget if you like:
PLUS: “Guaranteed To Work” Compatibility with the Latest Version of WordPress, Multisite and BuddyPress.
We guarantee that all our plugins work with the latest version of WordPress, Multisite and, if appropriate, BuddyPress too … no more suffering with broken, poorly coded, free plugins… that’s the WPMU DEV money-back guarantee.
PLUS: Absolutely NO license restrictions
Whether you choose to purchase one plugin or all our plugins and themes, you can use your purchase on as many sites as you like, for as long as you like, no ongoing membership or subscription required, everything at WPMU DEV is 100% GPL.
PLUS: No subscription or ongoing membership required
Simply join and then cancel your membership, and you can carry on using our plugins and themes for as long as you like, wherever you like. Or, become an ongoing member for more support, updates, new plugins and APIs for videos, our dashboard and more. It’s up to you!
PLUS: Unlimited Live & Q&A Support from the WordPress experts, for anything to do with WordPress at all!
All WPMU plugins and themes come with simple usage instructions, and unlimited member access to support Q&A where our dedicated team of WordPress support and development experts are waiting to answer your questions 24 hours a day – no appointment required!
PLUS: Fully internationalized, fully white-label ready, fully customizable
It’s easy to translate any WPMU DEV plugin or theme, and it’s equally easy to white-label them so your clients or users never know your secret source. As 100% GPL code, you’re even free to edit our plugins and themes as much as you like, no questions asked.
PLUS: More Amazing Premium WordPress Plugins
Buy now and we’ll show you how to upgrade to premium membership and gain access to EVERYTHING we offer: more than 300 plugins and themes, all with the same the updates and support we’ve just promised you.
Join more than 100,000 satisfied customers who trust WPMU DEV as their #1 WordPress resource – it’s like having your own dedicated WordPress team.